18 holes, 71 par, 6,371 yards
The Lundin Golf Club was founded on the 8th May, 1868. In that year the Leven Clubs course had extended their links from the Mile Dyke eastwards towards Lundin Links. This extended course occupied the narrow strip of land lying between the railway line and the Firth of Forth.
The shared links, with the Leven and Lundin golfers starting from their respective ends, inevitably became congested as the popularity of the game increased. Eventually, the course as we know it today was made up of nine holes on the existing links together with nine on ground formerly occupied by the Lundin Ladies Golf Club to the North of the railway line.
The course remains largely as it was some 100 years ago. The first five holes are in classic links tradition playing from the Clubhouse to the Mile Dyke. Players then cross the now extinct railway line and play the nine ‘new’ holes on what one might describe as a cross between links and parkland turf. Then back across the railway, the last four holes revert to the genuine links tradition.
Today Lundin Golf Club offers some of the finest examples of links holes in Scotland and for many years has been a worthy participant in the Final Qualifying stages of The Open prior to its staging at St. Andrews.